Social Care sector to receive £290million to boost staffing levels & testing.
The funding is to protect and support staff and residents in care homes and those receiving help in their own homes. 19th January 2021
- New £120 million fund for local authorities to boost staffing levels.
- £149 million grant system to support increased testing in care homes.
The new £120 million funding will help local authorities to boost staffing levels, a direct ask of the sector. The funding can:
- provide additional care staff where shortages arise
- support administrative tasks so experienced and skilled staff can focus on providing care
- help existing staff to take on additional hours if they wish with overtime payments or by covering childcare costs Details